Hong Kong holds Part I jurisdiction status by the International Cataloguing Standards and International Statistics Book, commonly known as the “Blue Book,” and all 31 races at pattern level are open for overseas entries. Alongside 11 established Group 1 contests, Hong Kong will now stage eight Group 2 and 12 Group 3 races. Prize money for Group 1 races ranges from HK$10 million to HK$25 million. Group 2 races offer HK$4 million and Group 3 races offer HK$3 million.
Below, please find the noteworthy information for the 2017/18 Pattern Races at Group 1 level hosted by the Hong Kong Jockey Club, along with a copy of the Pattern Book, including race prospectus details. Entries may also be submitted using our Online Entry Form.
The links below will direct you to a specially-designed website for each of Hong Kong’s Group 1 races. The sites are updated approximately one month before each race day with news and information pertinent to the event. Click on an image to view the website for each international Group 1 race.
|Remarks||**Supplementary entries due 10/04/17
- Supplementary entry fee applies (1% of total prize money in HK dollars)
- Declaration fee applies to all Group races
The key dates in the 2017-18 racing season include:
- 29 Apr 2018 – APQEII Cup
- 6 May 2018 – Champions Mile
- 6 May 2018 – Chairman’s Sprint Prize
- 28 Jan 2018 – Stewards’ Cup
- 25 Feb 2018 – Queen’s Silver Jubilee Cup
- 25 Feb 2018 – Citi Hong Kong Gold Cup
- 27 May 2018 – Standard Chartered Champions & Chater Cup